Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Fever Away


Today my calico's fever has finally broken. Actually it was yesterday at 11 pm exactly. She came down from her cat perch - her favourite one by the door and walked right up to me and said " Yreooowww" in her usual no-nonsence tone. That means "I would like some food please" as opposed to "YRREOOW" - for "Get up and get me some - like NOW!" She ate half of what was in her bowl. I was glad that she was well and she didn't have those swellings of the face that the vet had warned me to watch out for. My vet is very sweet and as he had done her sterilisation, I am glad he was the one who had to give her the booster. There are many vets at the ARC and they take turns at the facility. Anyway, this morning she made her usual presence heard at 5.30 am and watched the birds out the window for hours on end. Always a good sign this. Her eyes are bright and she is just napping right now on top of my bookcase, high up away from everyone - for peace and quiet and the better to survey her kingdom. Tomorrow I have to take the Tux to the groomers so she can cut his blade-nails. "Your cat is so fierce!" That's what she and the other groomers always say to me after they had to bathe and dry him. "Your cat is so fierce!" And that is why I leave it to the groomers to trim his nails and bathe him. I don't want him to havebad feelings about me. Otherwise he is quite sweet and quiet. Well, tomorrow is Trimming Nails Day and Friday is Vaccination day. I suppose there will also be fever. I have to just get used to this routine and not feel anxious at the vet. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment