Monday, December 19, 2005

Vaccination Day


Today my calico is going for her shots. I am more anxious than she is. She is just tearing through the house, chasing the Tux and complaining very loudly about everything. She is very determined to make all her opinions known and very loudly too. I'm surprised she has eaten everything from her plate, drank her water, done the toilette (just like the pic). I suppose she wants to look her best for the vet :)) I think I am more stressed out than she is, as last night I had quite a bad dream about being unable to find her for the trip to the vet. She was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I wanted to bring her out for a short walk along the corridor but she got spooked by someone who was cleaning the area- the banging of brooms and Hindi music from a transistor radio. But she is by nature very scared of everything. I got her from the SPCA so maybe that could be a reason for her being afraid . You just don't know what her experiences were before she was rescued. But I must say she is affectionate and likes to sleep on the computer table when I am using the computer or on my lap. It's time for me to put her new red collar with white polka dots on her and talk her into the carrier for our trip. :)

Came back from the vet and she actually ate some kibble and had a nice drink. She was very good at the vet's, and weighed in at 3.75 kg. The Tux will surely be so much heavier and more unruly. Have to watch for swollen face or ears or mouth. She might get a fever for 2 days but it seems there is nothing I can do to make her more comfortable. Poor thing! She is sleeping now on top of my book case - her favourite roost so I will leave her to sleep her shots away.

No comments:

Post a Comment