Monday, February 27, 2006

Of wounds and wounded pride

How good it is if you pray and things happen the way you wish it, without blood and tears. Yesterday I think things came to a head between Toro and Bujang regarding the wash basin. They have been chasing each other around the house, without a hiss. So I thought things were a little better although I know it's too soon to be better. Bujang has been sniffing Toro and Toro has been quite calm about being inspected thus. Toro has also explored sitting on Bujang's blanket and sleeping near him. Everything was going quite well until the WASHBASIN. A man or cat and his castle should never be parted! In the evening, I came home to find Bujang at the toilet door and Toro in the wash basin. What surprised me was that Toro was not sitting in it as much as trying to hide himself in it. Of course he only succeeded in creating a ruckus in the basin. Bujang on the other hand was trying to open his left eye. On closer inspection, I found that it was watery and I assume painful for poor Bujang. Since Bujang has always guarded his washbasin with his life, I assumed that he had lost this battle and was taking it quite philosophically. It was only me that was sad I think. I washed out his eye with saline solution and watched that it did not get worse. There was no redness or blood or pus, so I assumed that it was just one of those things. Am I wrong? The thing is, should I put anything else for him? This morning his usually bright round eye was half -closed but there was no discharge. My sister said I was just being a nut wanting to bring him to the vet as it was just a spat and advised that I just wash his eye and put eye-mo!! HUH! Can I do that?

2 comments:

  1. ok, if there's no discharge, and he like half want to close, half want to open, no need to go vet immediately.

    most likely it's a scratch from toro the terrible.

    just monitor the eye should be ok after 2 days.

    (i'm speaking from own experience)

    bad boy toro, take over bujang's washbasin like that. but godma still loves you... but can you be a bit more "kwai" or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyah poor Bujang. This Totoro very naughty, no?

    But he is very handosme.

    ReplyDelete