Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's my time now

This is Akira and me at the computer. She usually spends some time everyday on my lap-stomach cuddling and purring. It's only a hop-skip and jump (literally) and she would snuggle up for a nap in the evening or at night- her fav position is on her stomach although on her side is a close second. This is the only time when I can inspect her ears and nails for cleaning and clipping.

So in one day the amigos and I would spend at least one hour with Akira taking naps on me, 1.5 hours on alternate days where I would bring Bujang for a walk in the park where he sits under ixora bushes waiting for lizards, and I think about 1.5 hours where I spend grooming Toro in various parts of the house. Then there is the play time at least once a day when I come home from work and hide and seek when Bujang sends me an invitation. :) Wah... actually it's not true that cats are low maintainance. Thank goodness I am low maintanance myself. :))

4 comments:

  1. You're right. Many myths about cats are precisely that - myths.

    My kitties aren't exactly aloof and solitary. Actually they're all very sociable creatures and they love company, feline and human.

    Oh. And the MYTH that cats are graceful? Ya right!!!!!!

    If only I could record the times Teddy tried to jump up the sofa and smashed his face into the armrest instead. Or Polly tried to run down the stairs and ended up tumbling + somersaulting onto the floor. KLUTZES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoy manja nya Akira.....Unfortunately non of cats are lap cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. in younger days, i never use to run home from work. just the opposite. but now, i tell friends sorry weeknights cannot do dinner, so that i can get home asap to enjoy such 'benefits'. new found homeliness or lao liao??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The secrect is they have trained us well and good. If the universe is run by white mice, then what chance do we have eh? :)) Now i have no late nights during weekdays cos the amigos need me to do many things. also I also think its the way they look at you with their full 'trusting' faces - all designed to instil obedience. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete