Sunday, March 26, 2006

A new cat is in town

Yes a new cat is here. Its Toro-the-newly-crowned King. I have been watching him for 2 days (not that I have not been watching him all the days before this) and I noticed that when it comes to meal times, especially when its for kibble, Bujang would eat after Toro, eventhough I put both their bowls down at the same time. Even if I put their bowls further apart, Bujang would still eat after Toro has gotten his first bite of kibble. Toro's aggressiveness at meal times (just blocking all and sundry, no actual fighting) is also more apparent.


He can now climb the cat gym effortlessly, he has gone to sit on one of Akira's favourite roosts last night and has sat twice in Bujang's box in the loo. So this morning, I have succumbed to the inevitable and given Toro the first bowl of wet food. Once he is into eating his food, then its Bujang and then Akira. As Akira has always given way to Bujang when it comes to food. I thought it's wise not to make any new waves there. As a result, Sunday morning is relatively quiet. After food, the 3 amigos did their toilette and then went on their separate ways to rest and relax. Even now, there is no mewing. It is just quiet.

I should have given in to my suspicions that Bujang is no longer top cat so much earlier. It would have saved all of them much harrassment. Bujang would not have to constantly fight to go anywhere and Toro would not feel that he has to keep telling everyone that he is top cat. Bujang is taking it nonchalantly and Akira of course is just minding her own business on her roost. WHEW!! I think quiet times are here.

But with cats, you never know. Today you can be King and tomorrow you can be dust under the new King's feet. We will have to wait and see. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment