Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wasabi Tales

Today after work I went to Sengkang. Some one gave me a lift to the place as she could not believe I had never been there ever since it came to be. I thought I would not have time but I felt I should get all these done because who knows...with the world as it is, I might never see tomorrow and the 3 amigos may not get their marvelous cat gym. :) I was glad I went today and did not wait for next week nor let work get in the way of my cats happiness and mine as well. :)

I went to the pet store and saw 3 different cat gyms and so had to find some food and think it over. I always think better as I am eating...always. Thoughts just come and go and sometimes when I am fast enough, I could actually catch one in vivid detail. Anyway there was the black one with marvellous stairs to encourage your cats to visit each other (errrr..maybe not), then there was the green one that was not all that exciting, then there was one in the corner but I thought it was not so cool. Then the assistant showed me the one that made me smile. YUP! that's the one ...at least the picture of the one as it was still in the box and needed assembly.

Anyway I went to the restaurant to think it over and had seafood set meal. The cucumber wrapped salmon was cool to the taste and the salmon tofu was good. The miso soup was hot and not fishy. I do not like fishy miso, not even with salmon in it. I just like miso with seaweed and tofu - just like that. The picture did not do it justice. As I was eating, I thought the 3 amigos might like the heavy-duty cat gym (if I was a cat, I would like that for sure) and for good measure I bought another scratching post for them so at least with 2 posts, they would all get a fair shake on one.

The gym is coming on Monday . I hope the 3 amigos would have much more fun then and not look at me pitifully, hoping that I would get off my b**** and get out Da Bird. They have mastered the pitiful look quite well - the rascals.

2 comments:

  1. glad you got the cat tower.

    oh, you went to wasabi... er, actually me and my other half, and my friends all boycotted wasabi. service not so good (even though a friend working there) and the food sucked.

    i heard they are going to change the menu again (ie. increase price lor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The service was err...not very good as I when I asked for service, one of the waiters told me to wait but didn't explain why. Then I saw him cleaning many tables and I thought possibly he was one of those 'strange' people whose motives are best left undiscovered. Haha. Finally I managed to attract some one else and figured that there were a few who just clean and others who serve, although they were dressed the same. But I do like mackarel and could eat it almost anywhere.

    I had never been there before and so everything was very exciting would you believe :)) If i was at Tampines, the crowd at that hour could just kill you but at this place, I was pleasantly surprised that I could still walk and have my own space.

    Today I thought I would take Toro to the groomers so that he would look good and smell even better for the doc on Tuesday as that is the day for vaccinations. :)) He even has a new tartan collar with a gold bell.

    ReplyDelete