Friday, May 12, 2006

Bobby and the pussycats




















This is Bobby. He belongs to the old lady who feeds the cats around these parts. Bobby looks kind of forlorn but that was because his leash was tied to one of the stone chairs at the void deck so the old lady could feed Tiga (the striped male tabby below) Bobby had been to the vet. The feeder told me he had to take his meds daily and it cost quite a lot of money. She seemed very upset that the vet asked for a lot of money as she has no job and her son (or so she said) was not an animal lover. While I was sitting there Bobby chatted for a bit with us , then he had to sit quietly because Tiga was having none of that talk :) He is quite a domineering cat and had put Bobby in his place with a quick pat on the legs. Tiga is quite a hefty cat and looked at us fearlessly. While we were chatting, he climbed up the stone table to inspect my shopping and poke his nose in the feeder's bags of cat food. But it seemed he had eaten more than his share and he had just to lick the leftovers of rice and boiled fish. He seemed quite contented and decided to preen for us to admire him. The feeder told me that he used to belong to a malay family who left him when they moved out. So she called him Tiga (Three). She can't speak much Malay and I can't speak Chinese and she knows no English so I didn't ask her why she gave him the name :)



























This is the calico who had just eaten 1/2 can of mackeral and sardines. She is a small eater and the feeder when she came told me the same thing. The feeder also said she is very 'sombong' (proud) and won't eat the same thing twice. She has tried to scold her and told her that she should eat whatever she was given as if she dies (the feeder meant herself) then there would nobody to feed such a sombong cat. She reminds me of Bujang who is much the same. :)) The feeder seemed surprised that the calico was weaving her way in between my legs and told me that the 'sombong' cat likes me. After that she was much more willing to talk to me about her cats :) She likes Tiga best and I know this because she said 'my cat' in a very affectionate voice. This sombong one it seems is a very finicky and difficult one :))

It seemed that there used to be another woman who used to feed the calico but she moved house and so the old lady (the feeder) is now all alone to feed 'banyak-banyak kucing',' sana-sana lagi ada' (many many cats in so many places). It seemed that she tried to call the son-in-law to ask him to get his mother-in-law to at least share in the cost of the feeding but he yelled at her and she was so frightened that she put down the phone .
WOAH! Why yell at harmless old lady?? What an idiot!



















This is the grey tabby that I saw yesterday. The feeder told me that he is an abandoned cat from another block but has come to my block to be fed. He looked a little scruffy and he was not so afraid of me tonight. He had 1 1/2 cans of sardines and mackeral and one cupful of Nutro Light. Maybe he should not have Nutro Light as he is not on diet and Nutro Light has 12% fat and 32% protein only :) But that is all I have at home these days. Then the feeder came and fed him with rice and fish. WAHHH..no wonder he comes to this block to be fed.

The feeder is an old woman and she has athritis but she lives in the next block so its quite okay for her (or so she said). She asked me if I know of anywhere where she could get a job, for example, washing dishes so she can buy food for her cats. She said sometimes she has to pay about $24.60 just to buy fish for the cats. I said I would contribute to the cat food so she doesn't have to worry so much. I told her I have 3 fat cats and they should eat less :) I showed her their pics in the hand phone and she told me never to abandon any of them as they would not know how to find food and there are so many cars in the carpark.

It was very nice of her to advise me to keep my cats safe.As a parting shot she told me I should feed myself well also so I won't get sick (she is too nice to mention that I eat too much already). She is a very sweet old lady. I think we will get on well togther. Hmm..there was a ginger cat that I saw just now. I will post a pic of it later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment