Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Food glorious food bowls..
















Of course showing food bowls in a blog is kind of crazy :)) But it is really difficult to find food bowls for cats that look good and are serviceable at the same time.

I used to buy the amigos bowls from the pet stores. They look good but are pretty useless for cats. They're usually for dogs - deep and narrow. My poor cats can't eat in peace as their whiskers keep touching the sides and Toro especially can't get to his food without messing up. So I bought these 'human' bowls.

The white one belongs to Bujang. It's wide enough and he can eat as daintily as he wants. The green one is Toro's. The rim is wider so his whiskers don't get squashed and it's not so deep. The red one is of course Akira's. She's the smallest of the 3, being female, and the bowl itself is quite pretty to look at. They are made of glazed clay and so the wet food smells don't linger after washing.
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. The 3 amigos are so lucky to have you. You even took so much care for their bowls. Spencer had used plastic feeding bowls mini porcelain baking dish metal bowls and she is using porcelain plates now. i think I should get some glazed bowls for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree cats need special-sized human bowls to feed efficiently, esp. for eating wet food, for example:
    - the rim must be wide enough for an adult cat to lick up the wet food without touching its face, and yet not be too big,
    - has smooth surface with no joint/gap at the base which may impede the movement of wet food into the cat's mouth, or result in trapped bits of leftovers,
    - and of course, porcelain is ideal as it doesn't discolour or get stained with smell and is microwaveable.

    I went hunting around for one that's not too expensive, and finally got the white porcelain bowl with a fish painted in blue. It became Jackie's bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup cat_aunty. I used to get some metal ones but they're too lihgt. At least the ones I have got and it kept toppling over with vigourous licking of food :)) Then I got some white porcelian square ones so their faces would not get squashed. But now I think these work the best for them. :)

    I agree aunty_p. Cats should eat without the faces touching the sides of the bowls. It quite upsets them when this happens. So I had to hunt for some time to get these bowls. I think these bowls would last us quite some time. I have never seen any white bowl with a blue fish. Must be irresistible :))
    I have tried explaining this to the petshop people but they always smile and nod sympathetically but still, nothing gets sold that is useful for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bowls would be LOTS better with some Stinky Goodness in them!

    ReplyDelete