Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Rescue




















The two boards each measuring 10 and 1/8" in length that I had gotten to reinforce the single support. 2 being better than 1. The manufacturer had given 1 single bit of reinforment measuring about 2" by 10 and 1/8" ( a stick really) which I had used to support the stem. But since I have 3 very healthy cats who love the basket and run up and down the tower, it didn't work as well.



















I have to wedge the 2 boards tightly in the box and hammered them close to the sides. The outermost board measured 10" to 8" (approx) affords me greater surface area support.
















The reinforcement look firm enough for me to allow heavyweight champion Bujang in the basket. The stem no longer sinks into the box.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment