Friday, June 09, 2006

Grooming

Bujang spent as much time cleaning himself after the grooming. He was really angry at the groomers. When they called me to get him, he snarled at me twice. Whah! I have never seen him so angry before. 'HISS! HISS!' and then he screamed something. From the volume and duration of that one scream, I can guess exactly what he was saying to me.

It took them 3.5 hours to get the grooming done. The shop was quiet as it was a weekday and so it was easier to groom frightened cats I guess. But today, he did not bite anyone and the guy who had to bathe him had only one scratch, not several scratches like the last time.

It was drizzling out but we managed to get a cab who would take us. Bujang was still upset and screamed some more in the cab. I tried to bribe him with some bream flakes which he adores but it was no go. He sniffed at it but refused to eat it. So I sang him a song. :) I figured the cab driver would have thought I was mad to talk to my cat so singing was nothing. :) He quietened down for abit and settled down to watch the passing scenery.

Then the cab driver told me that he once had a customer who talked to his pet chicken. :)) I asked if the chicken was in a cage but the driver told me that it was in a plastic bag. I thought it was kind of dangerous to bring a chicken in a plastic bag in a cab but I thought it was funny. Then I figured the chicken owner might think I was freaky for singing to my cat. Hahaha...

Bujang could not wait to get home. Once out of the carrier, he bolted into my bedroom and started to clean himself. I guess it was to calm down his nerves. Toro was very welcoming but I told Toro to clear off just in case Bujang decided to take it out on him. But Bujang just sniffed at Toro and continued to groom. I gave Toro and Akira some bream flakes and Bujang came out to get his share :)

3 more months to the next grooming session.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Poor Bujang and San, so traumatic!! 3.5 hours was a bit long, and Bujang only a DSH. They didn't mistreat him, did they? Or would it be better if you stay during the grooming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place is so small - enough for only the 2 groomers and their dryers and other pets, although today they were less busy. Possibly he is in a queue. For a dsh, it does take a rather long time. They have big windows where you can actually see the goings- on, so I don't think they would do any such thing and M, the person who gave me Toro to adopt works there. She is a cat lover herself, having 7 cats that she has adopted so she would tell me if anything horrid happens there. I don't know why he was especially upset today though. Maybe its time I brave the scratches and try to cut his nails myself. :(

    ReplyDelete