Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Miracles do happen - sometimes

This is quite the miracle, considering Akira does not like Toro at all. She sometimes tolerates him but would take a swipe at him whenever she could. Akira and I were sitting at the computer when Toro decided to join us. I was expecting some snarling and swiping to go on and was all prepared to stop them. But since Akira continued to be quite relaxed in his presence, I decided to watch what would happen.
Toro crept up quietly and silently and touched Akira's back once...and then..again. he was quite surprised that she did not snarl nor swipe at him. so was I. She continued to purr and ignored the gestures. Toro decided to sniff at her closely. She still did not slap him. Bolder, he decided to sit as near as possible, but with his head averted. Quite clever this Toro, I must say. Then he took some short glances in her direction. Finally he could not stand it any longer and decided to sit on top of the cupboard to observe her and then went to sleep beside granny who was watching a ghost story on the Indonesian channel. Akira, as the last picture showed decided to hang for bit with me. :))

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I think the amigos are getting used to each other. Manja Akira, but I think Toro is closer to Granny, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Toro certainly likes his granny :) He would just come up to her and sleep beside her especially when she's watching TV in the afternoon or evening. He does not protest when she puts him on her lap but instead would snuggle and go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete