Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday Blues


This morning on my way to work, I left my laptop in the cab!! Monday Blues is costing me a lot of money as I would need to replace the laptop since it belongs to my work place. I spent a frantic morning calling up cab companies.

My friends kept asking me if I have the license plate no (why would I have something like that?), if I have a receipt (since no one was going to reimburse me, why would I have that?), know the name of the driver (huh!!). I know they were just trying to help me remember something but it was frustrating nevertheless. I had to make a report to the cab company (thank goodness I remembered the Co) and to the police. the next thing to do is filling 1000 forms to explain my senility, then I probably have to replace it. All my money flying away from me in a split second of forgetfulness.

The only cheery thing was the amigos who greeted me at the door. I was so tired from all that running about that I did not bring Bujang down to the park although I had told him I would be doing that. So after feeding the community cats, I played with the amigos for a bit.

I saw the old feeder doing her rounds, after I had fed the cats. I wonder why she was about when she was supposed to be at work. But she was too far away and someone was holding the lift for me. Another mystery waiting to be revealed :))

8 comments:

  1. What a bad way to start the day! You might have been better off lying and saying it was stolen and making insurance replace it, but I'm honest, too. So they punish us!

    And I suppose all the paperwork would have been easier to fill out on the computer... which was missing.

    Maybe there are just enough honest people in the world that someone will find and return your laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hopes you gets the lap puter back. And let us know bout the mystery!

    Oh, and Grandma saw a pikture of Bujang in his nice vest yesterday. She said he's furry handsome in it. (Cuz he is.) Lucky for me, Grandma doesn't like fleas, so she's not gonna get me a vest and take me outside. Phew!

    ~~ Sanjee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh San, I hope you find the laptop soon. Taxi drivers in Singapore are generally honest, so lets hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your loss, San. Hope some kind soul will return the laptop to you.

    Though not quite appropriate to tell you this now, considering your loss, but I saw an interesting "cat stroller" at Chaos in the House of Cats' blog and immediately I thought of you and Bujang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anutie P Auntie P! I saw that cat stroller too! And I thought of the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear all
    Thanks for your thoughts about the loss of the lap top. I don't think there is much chance that I would get it back. So its probably in someone's home or some place where it has been stripped and parts sold for nearly nothing. I hope whoever it was that has my lap top gets much joy from it. It's no use both of us being miserable. They are presently investigating and I have filled in many forms in duplicate :)They tell me that if I have to replace it, I can just get a second -hand computer or possibly I will go to Sim Lim and have them make me one. I just beed to get the same specs.

    Dear sanjee
    Please thank your grandma:) I will tell Bujang that your grandma thinks he is handsome. I'm sure Bujang will be very pleased. Yup. Fleas can be really scary so I do not bring Bujang for walks when the grass is wet or where there is very tall grass. After his walks, he would get a good rub down with a wet towel. It's as good as getting a bath. :) For sure I will tell you about the msytery but I did not see her this evening when I went to feed the kitties. Bujang was with me and he got a little nervous to be around strange kitties and loud noises. So we went home quickly and did not wait for the woman. :))

    Dera aunty_p and cat_aunty,
    I went to Chaos and saw all the lovely stuff. I had toyed with the idea of buying that really nice red stroller but i remembered Bujang would get nervous if he doesn't see where we are going and he prefers to be as low to the ground as possible. I had bought him a carrier on wheels before but after one experience, he refused to get in it ever again. :( he likes this present stroller although I am using his carrier instead of the one that comes with the original :) also I am afarid someone would make off with the preety carrier and alamak..what will happen then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear san

    i definitely can empathise with your situation, and it's good that you are so brave in facing the truth.

    from the wife of $2.6K wallet dropper

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear ksn

    thanks:)) When I read about that incident on your blog I was so horrified. My mother told me there is no use crying over it as I can't do anything about it and of course she is right lah :))

    A few of my friends are already making plans of getting me a second-hand computer if the worst scenario happens and one even offered to accompany me to Sim Lim tower :))

    ReplyDelete