Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Secret of the Fountain of Water

Toro is one very curious cat. While the other two merely drink the water from this fountain, he examines it. I have noticed him clawing at the wires and pawing at the base - maybe just to figure out where the water is coming from. He never fails to run to be the first to drink from the fountain after I clean it. He will firstly lap the water that is running from the top, then after he has had his fill, he will closely scrutinise the fountain, looking closely at the top from where the water will run over the top of the dome into the well. You can see him doing the from-the-corner-of-my-eye scrutiny, which he always does when he is either anxious or anticipating the unexpected. Then he would spend some time just sitting by the fountain in contemplation. :))

I refill the fountain once every two days and Toro will drink the running water from the dome. Akira likes the well and Bujang just drinks everwhere :))

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Toro has a truly scientific mind! Plotting to rule the world too, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I think he has these ambitions after taking over the household although he knows the throne is easily toppled. So sometimes its Toro who is BOSS. More often than not, its Bujang. Akira minds her own business and if she gets to take a swipe at Toro now and then, she's a happy Little Miss :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie is queen of the fountain, but deigns to allow Victor to use it. She likes to dip her paw and lick the water from her toes. When she tries to lap up water, she always sticks her nose too far and get sneezy! The pump stopped working and she was VERY upset, lying next to the fountain day and night. I tried a different kind, but she'd have nothing to do with it, so I replaced the old one and all was right in the world.
    With no fountain, Bonnie was in the sink all the time, demanding we turn on the faucet for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lambj, my Bon Bon does that too, the sticking the paw into the dish and then licking the paw. I thought only my Bon Bon would be doing that. :) Yuan Yuan, my youngest rascal, learned the same trick too. I always tell them not to wash their dirty paws in there but they will never listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear lambj and kxbc

    I hope none of my cats decide to drink from their paws. :)) I can just imagne Toro big paws in the water. I think it would deplete the well in a minute ..hahaha. Toro has put in paws in the water once or twice and but i think merely to test the level of the water so he would not get his face wet. Bujang does this also. Sometimes when the day is too hot, I put a few ice cubes in the water and of course Toro would spend time just pawing the ice cubes and getting his paws wet. I think once he gets his paws wet and then lick the water from his paws, that will signal the beginning.... :))

    ReplyDelete