Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spring Cleaning

The spring cleaning today was for cat hair, cat fur, cat toys and cat litter. I have never seen so much cat...and I only have 3. I wonder what people with 4 or 5 dredge up. Clumps of hair behind the CPU, entangled with the wires, clumps of hair in the suspended basket of that cat gym and of course on all the cat trees.

Bujang took all in his stride- the noise, the hose and the vacuum cleaner itself. He sat in his suspended basket and looked at the goings-on without missing a beat. Then he actually fell asleep while I clean up the house. The other two had to migrate from one room to the other as they were terrified of the noise - Toro streaking out from one room into another and Akira hiding under the blanket. :)

Finally after all is said and done, my house is relatively free of cat hair and the cats all fell asleep from the sheer exhaustion of trying to hide from the rather small and nifty red vacuum cleaner.
I had lunch and watched some TV. A good day I think.

Now its time to write some &*** report for tomorrow's meeting at work. That meeting would take the whole day and would be just sheer torture. Give me cat hair anytime.

7 comments:

  1. Not working today? Bujang looks disgusted. As if saying: " Those hairs are not mine! It was Toro's fault, he has long hair!" Spencer gave me those looks too, when I grumbled about those hairballs like tumbleweeds floating in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat hair is better than werk! Bujang must be furry brave to not hide from the vacuum monster. I always hide from it!

    ~~ Sanjee

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, Momma San, I LOVE calvin and hobbes and LOVE that you have them on your bloggie!!! Second, bravo Bujang for being brave and holding your ground with that vacuum! And third, can you come to mine house and spring Clean?! LOL!!
    Oh! Bujang, my jacket came! I'm gonna post about it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 5 rascals at home so you can imagine the amount of cat hair. But with weekly or even bi-weekly vacumming and wiping, it helps to keep hair down to a minimum. Of course, a good vacuum cleaner helps a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear cat_aunty
    And indeed you are right. Most of the clumps are from Toro cos his hair is so long. :)) And he has taken to sleeping in the basket too and behind the computer. Bujang is right to feel disgusted ..hahaha cos it was a very noisy day for all of us.

    Dear sanjee
    Yes Bujang is a furry furry barve little cat. I am amazed at this courage he has as he was not even atny bit afraid. He actually sat up and observed the red monster eating yp the fur quite carefully. :)

    Hey Timmy twinkletoes
    Bujang has told me that your momma was going to buy you the red one, like his. We are both looking forward to seeing your blog with you in the walking jacket. You must look purty handsome in it eh?

    Dear kxbc
    Woah..bi weekly? Alamak!! The weekly affair nearly killed me. It takes me 3 hours. :)) I wonder how a bi-weekly thing would be? Probably better lah then I will spend less time at it in one session. Hmmm. Maybe I could get Bujang to help..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. your post reminds me that i have to vacuum my house! hehe...

    kxbc, "pei fu" you for doing it bi-weekly! perhaps you have taken to it as a hobby?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can spend up to 4 manhours on Sat to vacuum and wipe the floor and cabinets, especially those they like to sleep on. Plus washing the litter box and the sofa throw which is clogged with their fur. Thinking about it makes me tired.

    The only nice thing is that the kitties appreciate it, especially XX who will roll around on the floor on her back to show her appreciation.

    ReplyDelete