Saturday, July 29, 2006

After the Groomers



































Toro went to the groomers and it took them 3 hours to groom him. I guess its because of all the other dogs that have to be groomed as well. I told the groomers to trim him all around and shave his underside. I saw them bathing him and he was very quiet then and then they put him in a special carrier to dry his fur. They cut his underside fur and shaved his tummy. I hope he feels a little cooler. Then they put him back into his own carrier and attended to the various other dogs. The dogs were all pretty obedient. Thank goodness Toro was on his bestest behaviour and sat on the table quietly to observe the happenings. When the groomer shaved his underside, he just allowed her to turn him about in a thoroughly bored way. The only protest he made was when she lifted his tail so she could trim his back legs. "MIOUWW!" he snapped a little.

From then it was just a matter of minutes for her to do the job. I was quite pleased that many of the observers thought Toro was pretty handsome :)) I took the pics when he was home and was quite relaxed. I think he doesn't look any different from before but grandma says he is not so handsome now that they have cut off some of the hair around his face. Hmmm...but the major trim was on his underbelly and that can't be seen in the pictures.

I was thinking that once he is trimmed, I can see if he is truly fat or its just all that fur. I guess the answer is pretty clear now :))

I made an appointment with the vet for his micro-chipping. It seems it is going quite a simple affaire if the cat is docile. It is done with a BIG needle and they are going to implant the chip under the skin on his neck. So Toro is going this Thursday and Bujang will go next Sunday. Bujang's one is going to take longer as he is 'aiyoh very fierce.' I made an appointment with the groomers to clip his nails on Saturday so he can''t lacerate anyone the next day for his injections. The groomer said "yah saturday is good. I have 3 people to help me with him!" Only one person worked with Toro so you can imagine what a fuss Bujang can make on his grooming day.

5 comments:

  1. Still handsome lah, Toro. Can tell his ruff is a bit smaller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. toro will be glad of that bit of info. when I went to the groomers, a few people working at the petshop told me not to shave off the fur. They said he would get depressed as he does not look pretty anymore. I wonder if that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to think the same of Max. But he seemed happier after his shave....so I guess it was us humans projecting our dismay on the animals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. toro still looks handsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks godma ksn. maybe he is incapable of looking bad lah. but I don't think I will let him try the bald look. :)

    You may be right cat-aunty. Humans try too much I think especially when it comes to the 'looks' dept. Toro is very happy with his new cut. maybe next time he will have a shorter trim- not bald lah. I also cannot take that. I'm only human. I'm sure max being a full-fledged persian would have even more fur than toro.

    ReplyDelete