Thursday, July 20, 2006

Brown paper packages


When I got home from the course this evening, I saw a brown package. Ahah! Its my air-flown package of cat toys for the amigos. The amigos were waiting for me on the table, sitting next to the brown package. they have learnt that most brown packages are for them :)

It was my Cat Dancer - a coiled wire with a few short sticks glued togther at the end. It jumps pretty fast in front of the amigos. They went berserk over it. I have a feeling it is going to be the most favourite toy. The amigos jumped about jerkily, their eyes dancing and paws jerking to catch the wooden end. The colied wire acts like a spring and the cat toy dancers about. Even Akira was persuaded to jump for the Dancer. It's also less tiring for me as I can actually just sit and use my hands to manipulate the toy. They took turns with it and sometimes even robbed each other for a chance to catch the dancer :))

The other wand toy is called Cat Charmer. It moves like a ribbon in the Olympics. Drives them all wild!

I am glad I decided to get the toys. I can only get them online. So charges are pretty expensive but my cats enjoy both of them immensely. That is the one thing that matters to me.


5 comments:

  1. Still can't imagine how the Dancer works....maybe you have to take a bigger pix. What is Toro biting in his mouth? *scratch head* I am glad the Amigos like their new toys, a good chance to do exercises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make your cats happy, San.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cat_aunty, that is the part that dancers around at the end of the coiled wire. I have to hold one end and move the wire about. Since its a wire, it already moves about by itself. I also got the cat dancer holder. I can just fix the toy in the holder and the amigos are supposed to jump for it. But I think they will only play when there is a human at the end..hahaha. Its interactive I guess so they won't play with a door that I stick the holder on. :(

    I am still trying to make them play with each other. So i think if they get togther for something pleasurable, then they might associate each other with good things :)) I thought I should try my best to get them thinking about and seeing new things :)) they also get plenty of exercise.
    My mom remarked that Bujang is not so rotund. Toro sadly is still his chubby self. :) akira now plays with the other cats and jumps abit instead of just racing around the house catching Da Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THose were two of my favorite toys when I was younger. One xmas, the boy got a remote control truck an as soon as he pulled the remote from his stocking, I attacked the antenna. It was just like the cat dancer. Hmmm. I wonder where that remote is now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear bonnie
    the amigos love the cat dancer a lot but they want me to play with them. I had put one on the holder. It didn't inspire them to jump at all ..:)) Bujang has decimated the cat charmer and now its in shreds :)

    ReplyDelete