Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cat Tags

The cat tags came in the post. I'm sure it came yesterday as it takes 3 days to process. So tomorrow I would collar all the 3 except the black carpark cat as he is truly very fierce and keeps growling even as he eats.

The 2 red collars belong to Akira but she wouldn't mind as she has many others. I think FatBoy will get the blue manly one :) The tags have the block address and the words 'Keep Me Safe' at the back. I think this is better as it will put the word 'safe' in people's minds if they should look at the tags. The other tag I had done for the calico says 'Don't Hurt Me.' On hindsight, that is a not a good idea as it may put the idea of 'hurting' in their minds and when you tell people "Don't" they will immediately do it. That is usually what happens. Now I 'always expect the expected' when it comes to people's actions.

4 comments:

  1. Yes you are right. Good luck. I hope the tags won't be stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet new look! Nice :)

    The collars that the community cats wear always go missing. I wonder if people take them or the cats have figured out a way to lose them.

    I read in an earlier entry that Toro is going for micro-chipping? Just curious, is he going somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little of both I think mini-meow. Bujang himself has lost quite a few coming in and out of ixora bushes. It is always too late when I realise he has no collar so now I use the cat safe ones which are a little tougher to snap off.

    No Toro is going to be microchipped purely as a safety precaution. I am a little paranoid about my cats escaping eventhough they are never unsupervised when they are out. So apart from the collars, I thought a micro-chip would ensure a record somewhere else. Some people tell me its a waste of money as not every cat will be scanned for a chip when found. But I say better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about the psychology of using words - it's the same technique used for teaching difficult children. When you tell them "don't hurt", all they can think of is "hurt". So, putting "safe" in people's mind is much better.

    ReplyDelete