Monday, July 24, 2006

Its Cat Feeding Time

This morning as I was going to work I saw the community calico resting. She raised her head lazily to look at me pass. As I was crossing the street I turned back and to my horror I saw a smaller tuxedo with a long tail. He was meowing loudly. I saw the calico stand and confront the little kitty but I was too far away to intervene. I think the small tuxedo must belong to someone in the building as I have never seen him in the evenings. This evening I went downstairs to feed the kitties and I thought I might find the little tuxedo. I didn't. I hope whoever it is who belongs to the tuxedo had kept it home safe and sound and not let him go downstairs to roam the streets!

The calico was pretty hungry and ate the whole can of tuna and chicken. The can is a small one. The amigos share that one can between the 3 of them. Of course the amigos also have the biscuits to eat in the afternoon and I don't think the calico has any. I have seen some kibble sometimes in the morning so I know someone feeds her then too. I fed the black carpark cat and had to look for FatBoy for about 10 minutes. I nearly gave up but I was thinking that he would be the most hungry one as he is very fat. He ate 2 medium sized cans and I pouch of tuna. He refused to let me go and sat infront of me for a whole 5 minutes. He reminds me of Toro who would stand guard in the bathroom. :)

I went back to my building and saw the calico. She made a lot of noise and so I thought she was hungry and opened another pouch of tuna for her to eat. But she sniffed at it disdainfully and continued to meow and headbutt me. I finally figured that she wanted some scritch time. So I spent some time rubbing her head and scritching her cheeks. She stretched herself lazily and sat down to enjoy the attention. FatBoy also enjoyed some private time and he headbutted me quiet strongly.

I didn't see the auntie at all. Maybe cat-aunty was right in saying that the feeder may want me to feed her cats in these two blocks. The feeder also told me she was afraid to go to my block as there was an accident 2 weeks ago. Someone got really badly injured. Tomorrow is the Ghost festival so I guess I will be feeding the cats for 2 months. I was told that this year there would be 2 months for the Ghost Festival. :) I wonder if anyone feels strongly about that...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right about the two ghost months this year. I think only those people who has done evil will be afraid of ghosts. If you have a clear conscience, the ghosts will not harm you. Of course don't purposely go and provoke them lah eg stepping on the paper money offerings or kicking the candles etc.

    Nowadays they are slowly promoting the idea of Ghost Month as a period when you remember your loved ones who have passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festival going-ons will only be carried out during the 1st 7th month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens in the second 7th month? I was thinking whether the 'brothers' would be out in that month also.

    Since I am only out to feed the cats, nothing would happen to me :) I saw some red candles downstairs and people are already burning hell paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read in a recent article that nothing will happen in the 2nd 7th mth. The Chinese calendar always have a 2nd month for adjustment, and this time it just happens to be two 7th mths.

    Like what cat aunty said, no worries if you haven't done anything and just be careful to side-step the joss sticks and papers out of respect for the Taoist practices.

    ReplyDelete