Sunday, July 23, 2006

Treat your guests well

Today we had guests and Bujang was the perfect host. He welcomed them and sat with them. he even tolerated them caressing his back and petting him. Akira did a surprising thing. She actually came to greet the guests. If not she would be the first one to do the disappearing act. Toro surprisingly took over Akira's role as the Great Vanishing Act of the moment. He refused to come out even after the guests leave and I had to entice him with a few a bream flakes before he would even step out of the bedroom. Now of course he is at the computer table, looking at me typing and taking a few naps in between. :)

I decided to go down to feed the cats at 715 pm. To my surprise I saw Gemok (FatBoy) at my void deck and not the calico. I decided to feed him and then the calico appeared. She was truly disgusted at his presence and walked to the other end of the staircase to eat her tuna and chicken. Then after she finished, she walked to FatBoy and decided to tell him off. He was very nervous already but he decided to confront her. AIEEE!!! My mind was racing....

I decided to clean up the place quickly and told the calico to relax abit and took FatBoy's food bowl with me. He was surprised but walked with me to his own void deck. Phew! Then when he was in his own territory, he relaxed and ate slowly - 2 bowls of chicken and gravy and salmon. Then he stretched himself out and I walked away quickly. The last time I saw him, he was under someone's car. I wanted to go back to shoo him away but was afraid that he would take it in his head to follow me and then there would be trouble for sure with the calico.

I tried to find the black cat with the loud voice but he was nowhere to be seen. I didn't dare leave anything in case it attracts mice or cockroaches.

I have decided to feed the cats anyway and not worry about the feeder. If she visits them to feed them, then good for them to have more food. But if she doesn't, at least they would have had some food in the evening to last them till the next morning. I do not know if indeed she has got a job, only that she tells me she is going for job interviews. So I guess from that, she was telling me that she might not be able to do her own rounds regularly but she has yet to tell me anything. Whatever it is, the cats should not suffer as they are used to being fed by someone for a long time already. So that is what I have decided to do. This means I have to go buy more cat food. I gave the cat food to the cat shelter the last time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment