Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fatboy(FB) and then some...

I gave Fatboy (FB) another of Bujang's old collars. I neatened up the edges and put an old tag that I had made for the calico on him so the number of the block was different but the two cats hang out in adjacent blocks so I think the tag would serve him just as well. The calico mom has also lost her nice red collar. :(

This afternoon I saw the old feeder at FB's block but she wa gone by the time I got out of the cab. I could have sworn she saw me but then I could be wrong. :) When I was feeding Fatboy, a girl came to talk to me about him. She said her friend and her had decided to call him Tiger, as he is so big. :) She also told me that she had met the old feeder and she was afraid of her. When I asked her why. She told me the old feeder was very insistent that she feeds the cats as she lives in a nearby block. Wah!! I told her the old feeder was very concerned about the cats and she is very intense so she might have misunderstood. But she was very certain that the old feeder was very angry with her for refusing. (I am a pushover lah) But she also said that she feeds Fatboy in the playground, which is nearer to her house. I am quite glad that she spoke to me as now I know FB has another champion. He is very friendly but his size frightens a lot of people.

There were many people downstairs burning joss sticks and praying, so it was very bright. There was a kid talking to the calico at my void deck. The calico didn't bother talking back though. She just looked at them as though very bored. But of course I had already fed her so I guess she didn't feel like putting on a performance. When I neared her, she didn't complain but asked for a scratch. So I spent 5 minutes with her and then left as the smoke was getting into my eyes. I told her not to eat the dumplings and to leave the pineapple alone.
Fatboy's post-dinner grooming.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh....stealing collar from a stray cat is worse than stealing from a beggar!!!

    ReplyDelete