Friday, August 18, 2006

Of cats and kittens

The only one who loves this toy is Totoro. He still believes its possible to get the ball out and so he tries every day. The other two had given up on this contraption days ago but Totoro has the 'never say die' spirit. :) Go Totoro!!

Today at work I heard some meowing and saw a tortoiseshell mother cat calling for her kittens. The two kittens had hidden in the drains and had hidden in the drainage system. We were rather worried as the workers were going to wash the drains and possibly the drainage pipes too. The mother cat was meowing loudly. Finally I removed one of the grates and left her alone for a bit. She finally got into the drains and found her kitten and then dragged him out and carried him by gripping his neck. WOAH! It was not even the scruff of his neck but the vulnerable underside. :O

Then she came back and meowed some more for the second one. We gave her some biscuits to eat and she ate every bit of it so I gave her a lot more in a saucer. When I came back to remove the saucer, she was feeding her kitten and snarled at me. I figured it was best to leave her alone. 30 minutes later, I came back to get my saucer and saw that the mother cat was not there. She had left her tiny kitten in the drains, probably for safety. The little kitten promptly hid when it saw me so its mother must have taught it very well. :)

I told my boss that i would try to get the mom neutered after she has weaned her two kittens and it was not to our advantage to remove her as another cat would take her place. She seemed convinced so I had better watch out for the mother and get the business done asap.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Toro. He has chubby legs. As for the mamacat, good luck.

    ReplyDelete