Sunday, August 20, 2006

Park Adventure

We went to the park today as the day was quite fine. We left at about 610 and there was a nice cool breeze too which was a bonus. Bujang wore his new collar and inspected the ixora and ate some grass. Finally at about 640, he decided to explore his palm fronds and saw this little snail. The other one was squashed by either a bike or some people. The shell was crushed on the pavement but this one was quite safe. Bujang was walking past and turned around when he heard me call him and saw the snail :)
He quickly made a quick about turn and inspected the sanil carefully. He sniffed at it but was not quite satisfied. He chirped inquiringly and I told him he's on his own here to do whatever he thinks fit. I don't think I would have allowed him to play with the snail or harm it in any way but I think the snail would survive being smelled by a cat.
He stretched and took several sniffs. I waited and watched carefully in case he opened his mouth to take a bite but he took a couple more sniffs and then decided it was not all that interesting and walked away. We both then went to see if the provison store was opened as grandma wants some milk but it was not. I saw the old feeder going to feed the calico mom but she was too far away and I didn't want Bujang to get stressed out meeting a strange cat nor do I want the calico mom to be upset. So we went home for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. "little" snail? That's about double the size of snails here. So Bujang, how did it smell? Grassy? You're very brave to go all over the park in your harness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear victor
    It didn't smell good, not like stinky goodness at all. :( I didn't think it would taste good like grass so I prtended to smell it. It pleased san very much and so I know she will bring me downstairs more often..hee hee.
    This is a little snail. We have much bigger ones but I am afraid of them.
    San brings me to the park often so I know where efurrything is. I even let a little girl pet me on the head without showing my teeth. I didn't want to scare her and worry san.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek Bujang, don't touch the snail!! Unless you are French, i guess....

    ReplyDelete