Monday, September 11, 2006

Ms Akira's walkabout

Ms Akira made a lot of noise when I brought Bujang out for a walk along the corridor. She stood at the grills and meowed her displeasure and impatience. She seemed to think (from her tone of meow) that Bujang had taken too much of outdoor time already. So I put her in Toro's harness and brought her out. But just like a cat, she decided to step out and immediately sat down :/

She then deigned to take a few steps towards the end of the row. I noticed that the harness fit her badly so I think I should get her her own harness, one of those figure eights as she walked quite nicely with it on- no more going backwards and refusing to walk.

Ms Akira was much more wary than the boys. This was the first time she was at this part of the neighbourhood and she was naturally nervous.

However, her natural curiosity won over the day and she, just like the boys, began to explore quite busily. As she was still jittery, I didn't think it was wise to let her out for a long time. So Ms Akira only had 20 minutes out in her harness. I carried her home and she was quite content just to let me carry her. I then put her back in the house and brought Toro out for his walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment