Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nostalgia I

Ms Akira here is looking fine and has filled out quite a lot. she gets what she wants almost always. Bujang would always let her get her way and of course Toro finds her a great mystery. She is a formidable female and she lets you know that with her voice and her paws too sometimes.

Ms Akira looking rather regal and sitting pretty 1 month after she came to stay with us. She would be about 6 months in this picture. She is as elegant then as she is now :)


Ms Akira sitting with all her toys. No one else was allowed anywhere near them :)

Resting after lunch. She has the poofy stomach fur even then. I thought it was the thing with females- to have poofy fur as I had always had male cats for pets. But Little calico from downstairs does not have this poofy fur at all. Ms Akira of course still has the poofy fur even now.


Ms Akira looking rather bony. She loved to run and climb and of cos now she is the acrobat in the house. She has filled out a little from the time I brought her home from the SPCA where she was called Sadie. I was not allowed to bring her home the first time I saw her as Gin, the cat woman said she heard one of the kitties in the nursery sneezing. She said as I already had Bujang in the house, she did not want him infected by flu or something. So I came back 3 weeks after the episode and got her.

The SPCA people called me every week after that to ask after her health until after I had spayed her. I had to send the copies of all the vaccination and spaying certificates to them. Of course I could have sent her to the SPCA to be neutered but it was so far away from my house and Ms Akira was not used to long journeys. I didn't want her to get stressed out. So she was spayed at ARC. After that the SPCA then did not call me to ask about Ms Akira as I suppose they know Bujang, grandma and I would take care of the Little Ms. :) To date Ms Akira had only been in cabs 3 times . 1 for annual vaccination and 1 for spaying and 1 to check on her stitches and bandages by Dr B from ARC.

3 comments:

  1. And Miss Akira has grown from a skinny waif to a Formidable Female! You can see the confidence in her eyes.

    As for poofy stomach fur, I think it is a thing with femal cats after the neutering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah see how much she had grown, heee... 6mths onli wow,... hee.. she was far too scrawny that time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. sh was skinny when I got her from the SPCA. Actually her brothers and sister were also skinny. I hope they found owners also. :) Now she is rather chubby. of course she is more elegant than the other kitties in the house. Her limbs are finer but that could be because she is female. :)

    ReplyDelete