Thursday, October 19, 2006

Some ups and downs


members.tripod.com/~bo63/cats1.html

I went to the wednesday feeding duty and feed the 4 cats. The good thing is Screaming Banshee (the gif looks exactly like her/him) is no more afraid of me nor does he/she think that I am after his/her body and soul. He/she sat patiently (as much as he'she could) and lead the way to where I should put the bowl of salmon dinner + kibble. This means I would be able to put the frontline on her (generic her I'm afraid as I still do not know her gender) without being scratched and she may be persuaded to get into the carrier to be sent to the vet for neutering soon.
I was feeding FatBoy endless bowls of fish+jelly when I heard stomping and high-pitched laughter, coupled with meows. I knew that the culprit would appear any time soon and so we both waited. It was a good thing Fatboy was not so hungry then, having eaten 400g of sardines. Then out from behind the pillars, I saw alittle long-haired girl in pink with pink shoes. She was surprised to see me.
I told her nicely not to frighten the cats. She ignored me the first time and asked me what I was doing. After I had explained to her satisfaction, I asked her again not to frighten the cats. I explained that it would be dangerous for the cat as they might get frightened and then run into the road and they might get killed by cars. She nodded her head and we spoke about FatBoy. I told her that FatBoy is a community cat and his ome is at the void deck of blk xxx. Just like her, he has a home also but unlike her, he has no mother etc. I thought if I appealed to her sense of sympathy for an orphan, she might be persuaded to take more care. :)
The girl then told me some horrid news that her friend had actually given FatBoy some food and then he threw a stone at him. WOAH! I then tried to get her to help me to explain to her friend that no one should throw stones at cats or any other animal. She nodded and told me she would tell him.
She then told me that she knows other feeders who feed FatBoy. Then I asked her if it was the old aunty, she said it was and added that the auntie had a dog called Bobby. So I guess the aunty would have told her to take care of the cats too. :)
I then went to clean up after Screaming Banshee and gave some more kibble to Little calico as she still sounded hungry. Then I heard stomping, giggling and meowing. I guess it would take more than a 10 minutes talk to get her to undertsand that she should behave better. her grandpa was no better as he did not tell her to be quiet around the cats. Sigh....

2 comments:

  1. Ya. You may be right Mary. She is very mischievous and her grandfather did not tell her to stop stomping even when I was trying to feed FatBoy. I had to tell her not to touch him as she was a little nervous of her. I told her not to touch animals that she does not know. I was afraid that if she touches him, he may bite or scratch her and then aiyoh...the parents may be up in arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. San, u are So patient! good on u, tho she din listen, but at least u did yr part... hopefully it will go into her one day...

    people jus dun listen n understand cats, then when they get scratch, they think cats shld b killed, cos they are bad!

    ReplyDelete