Monday, October 16, 2006

Something's afoot

Bujang..then

Bujang now...

Yes, these days I am getting quite sentimental. I think I am finding it a little difficult to get used to the idea of going away for 2 whole weeks to a conference without my cats :) I have yet to tell the amigos but possibly they know something is up as they are always there where I am, more than usual and making their demands quite vocal. I wonder if this is even possible :)

The old cat feeder told me some quite disturbing news this evening when I was feeding FatBoy. It seems that sometimes when she gets back from her feeding route (later than I do) she has seen a group of teenage boys loitering about at the void deck. She also said that once she saw them trying to round up FatBoy and they had with them a plastic bag and 'knife'. Of course it could be that they were just hanging around and they have plastic bags and stuff in it. It could be perfectly innocent and they could just be trying to disturb FatBoy.

Then she also said that once this group actually followed her as she was walking her dog and when she asked them what they were up to, they ran away. The same group (she claims) has been up to no good, vandalising the stone tables. I don't really care about stone tables but if they are out to hurt the cats, then that is no laughing matter. But of course she could be just paranoid as she sometimes feed the cats late at night.

I think I will go to the police station at the community club when I am able to and ask for their number and if the old lady can help me, then she could tell the policemen her suspicions. Since I didn't see any of these things, it would be like secondhand info. I have seen a few boys lazing about at the void deck of course but they are usually in pairs, not a group. But I think it would do no harm for the policemen to patrol the area often , especially since the school holidays will begin on the 26th.

6 comments:

  1. yea san, i tink go to the police n hope they will help.. or else see if u can find out where they live or any adults with them, at least u can speak to the adults??? terrible kids these days, too much violence on tv...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I think speaking to the adults might result in them actually hurting the cats though. Kids are really dangerous when they get together. :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah i like bujang, i like black and white cats :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids these days are terrible! personally i feel that SG kids as compared to the aussie kids here, they are less animal loving, becos of the culture and their upbringing... its not in SG to have passion for animals.

    sigh.. i hope Dawn n the gang's persistant will pay off. I heard alot of good compliments from my mates in SG about the gd job done.

    all the cats deserve to be love too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a quite serious story. If kids start bothering animals which did nothing to them. Anyway police is there to help. (or they should) Fortunately I live in a quite street with only cat owners (or dogs) so we have no problem. And the kids all love animals. I discovered your blog by wandering through blogville, I have a catblog too. For the moment there are stories about superstitions against black cats on it. So if you wish ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear wei

    WOW at last we get a picture of maomao. He is very pretty and looks serene. Very nice. Thanks
    I did try to get into your blog when you gave me the addy before but I couldn't. So finally we get to see him. :))

    ReplyDelete