Sunday, October 29, 2006

Travel Plans

The boys made a great fuss over the case that I had bought yesterday to pack my stuff for Texas in. All the other cases that I had were either too small 18" or in someone else's house! So I bought this 20" one and I actually had room to spare. Bujang decided that he would try out the case for me in case I was not careful enough with the checking. Even Toro tried and tested the wheels to see if they all come up to scratch. Bujang wanted to go with me but changed his mind at the last minute. A cat in a bag would probably be too much for UA.

The travel advisory for UA says that none of the liquids that I might bring should be more than 90ml and should be packed separately in my hand luggage, in clear plastic so that it could be xrayed. So I guess all my cleansers etc would have to stand up to scrutiny from airport security :) So today I must get some zip lock bags just for this.

I bought some vacuum-sealed bags to put my clothes in from W, so that is why I have extra space. I would not be filling it up as I might need the space to put stuff that I might buy from San Antonio.

The amigos did not look worried about me going. I guess its because they would not be boarded but will stay home with grandma.

6 comments:

  1. hi san! how long will you be away? will miss your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days. Some at the conference, some visiting organisations and I think just 2 days for ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiyoh....10 days..I should pity the amigos, and me for not able to read your blog everyday! When will you be back to Singapore? Will pray for you having a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get back on 12 Nov. :) I hope the amigos will not miss me too much. I read that I should leave my tshirt with my scent or something so they won't think I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it may help. But you need to leave 3 shirts? One for each? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think of that cat_aunty. 3 shirts. Alamak! I thought of levaing only 1 on the bed since they all climb onto the bed anyway.

    ReplyDelete