Monday, November 20, 2006

Food for thought


The amigos had a quiet day today as it threatened to rain in the morning and then rained in the evening. So they didn't get to go along the corridor at all. When i came back from the bookstore, Bujang meowed but i told him the park would be wet and he didn't like the wet anyway! I bought a book on how to put your cat on a diet. It's called Fat Cat. I have to bring Bujang for his annual vaccination on the 23rd of Dec and am nervous at what the vet would say about his weight :O

But he is alert and played quite boisterously today until Toro and Akira got so fed up that they tried to wrest the toy from him. Of course Bujang being bigger gave them no chance but if they got the lure first, he would usually wait patiently for his turn. :) Toro has learnt to take turns already and so the kitties gave him some time with the toy. and would watch when he takes his turn at jumping at it.

I met the man who wanted to relocate SB when I came home from the store. he understood that I had to get SB to the vet before anything else although he told me I should not spend so much money on such a 'dirty' cat. Aiyoh! I always have to breathe deeply when I hear people call her a 'dirty' cat. I tried to tell him its because she may have mites and since she has been scratching, that was why tufts of hair are missing and she has some sores, already healed.

He told me that there are no caregivers at Jurong Fishery but the men would usually give the cats some of the catch and 'there are many cats'! So I told him that it is important to see the vet so at least she could be protected and would not get sick all by herself, if we have to relocate her. I wonder if its possible to neuter, give her an injection for mites and vaccinate her at the same time?

The man told me she was spayed but she has no clip ear. He said she was very fierce and would not allow herself to be mounted by the tomcats (I do not know from where these Toms appear). Surely THAT is no proof that she has been spayed. Its just that she knows how to take care of herself. At least that is what I think.

3 comments:

  1. I think this man is weird. How can he has the best interest of SB in mind if he thinks she is "dirty"? How does he know she was spayed? He thinks SB will have a higher chance of survival fighting for raw fish with other strays?

    You be careful when he talks to you again. Don't reveal too much about your identity or where you stay etc. Watch out for SB too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is taking very acute observation of SB and I am afraid of me too. he sent me mail about seeing me baout in the estate feeding the kitties and he said he had been observing me to watch out ofr my safety. AIYOHHHH!!! He lives in my block and has 3 grandchildren that i know of. I see him in the lifts some times. It quite freaked me out when I read the email.

    I had to give him my email as he said he was trying to help relocate her. But now he tells me that he would wait for my decision.

    But you are both right and I should not tell him about my plans. he asks for my hp number so that he could warn me if the NEA or SPCA comes around the estate. But I htought the NEA is only inetersted in mosquitos and the SPCA ...well...no one has called the SPCA. dawn thinks he might be referring to the TC. I am not giving him my phone number and not even my address. ARGHHH!

    I don't think he knows much about the cats. I think its just from an obervers' point of view, saying the usual stereotypical things about cats.But I think its in my ineterst to be polite always lah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiyoh. sorry for the typo errors.

    ReplyDelete