Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Riverwalk San Antonio

Family out in the morning sun


These are some parts of the famed Riverwalk at San Antonio, population 2 million and the 7th largest city in America. The taxi driver told us all of these facts in the short 15 minute drive from Johnson Airport to the Mariott Rivercentre Hotel. It costs us US$22.00. The Riverwalk is like our Boat Quay, only prettier and it is central to the life of the city tourist centre. The whole river is bordered by restaurants and cafes with outdoor and indoor seating. What I like about it is that it is always cool and there are ducks in the river. I am always there either in the late morning or early evening. In the early morning you can hear the Mariachi band and the evening there is some very cool jazz that wafts across the river.

The water (it seems to me) is very clean although one resident told me that the the river is dirty and smells. I guess residents always have something to say about their own city ;) You can take a riverboat ride all along the river and the tour guide would entertain you with trivia about the city. One thing though, I have seen only 3 cats to date and some ducks and only 1 dog with his owner at the Riverwalk. I wonder where all the animals are?

2 comments:

  1. They were probably all in their comfy beds at home. Or their comfy beds in the woods. I'd prefer to think the former rather than the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)/ I do too kattonic. Actually when I was in the park, I saw some guy walking his dog and the hotel that I was staying in actually allowed dogs in their premises. I saw 5 dogs there. :)

    ReplyDelete