Saturday, November 25, 2006

Some ups and downs for the Wild Bunch

Can we talk of something else but diet..oh..its about SB. Ok then.

Yesterday FB came to look for me at my void deck at about 7.30 am. This may mean no one has fed him on Thursday night. As I had to go for training, I only got home late and did not feed the Wild Bunch. *sigh* I wonder what the old aunty is doing about feeding her cats! It was lucky that I got out of the lift at that time to go to a workshop so I fed him some kibble from my bag as I always bring cat food wherever I go, just in case one of the Wild Bunch comes looking for me for food or I see some hungry kitty some place else.

But this entry is about SB. :)

I fed the Wild Bunch as usual eventhough it was not my duty for feeding. I figured as long as I can feed them I will, no matter what day as I am still unsure about the old aunty's schedule. The Calico Mom has a delicate stomach and could not eat the food that FB ate - Sardines and Chunky Chicken. She vomitted the whole thing. So after I cleaned up after her, I fed her some Salmon Dinner. Salmon Dinner is a pate and she ate 3/4 of the food so I think I will stock up on that just for Calico Mom. I had noticed for some time that she likes this one very much.

But this entry is supposed to be about SB. :)

OK. SB has had a change of heart when it comes to me. Yesterday after her 2nd dinner (she eats quite a lot for such a small-sized cat) I decided to put some Frontline on the nape of her neck. The first time I did it, she was so startled and meowed at me furiously as she raced up the stairs. Yesterday, she actually stayed quite still so I can put the Frontline on the nape of her neck and so I decided to rub the lotion close to her skin so it would be effective. She actually did not try to escape nor bite me and was very docile-much more than the amigos who would try to get free.

Then I decided that I should try to clean her up a little. As I did not have any pet wipes, I wiped her down using some wet wipes that I always bring to clean up after the Wild Bunch. Whah! She actually allowed me to wipe her whole face and body. She was very dirty from the oil and dirt. I used 3 large wet wipes and got out some of the dirt off her. I think tonight I will bring the pet wipes and try to get off some more of the dirt. At least now I can look at her scabs and sores. They are all old ones and healed already. I should bring some antiseptic anyway and see if she needs it.

Btw I saw another black cat hanging around the estate. The man (who wanted to relocate SB) told me that he had seen a black male cat who comes out at midnight and tries to mate with the Wild Bunch. But the Wild Bunch are all neutered except for SB and she is a fiery one to begin with. Of course I am not saying that just because they are neutered, they have lost the instinct to mate but this black cat is not part of the Gang of Four. At first I thought I was imagining the cat but not so. He is a big cat, the size of FB or Bujang and he was sitting on the walkway. Even FB was a trifle nervous when I gave him his dinner. He kept looking over his shoulders. :X (I did not see it for myself but I assumed it was a male cat from the email) His ears are not clipped so I do not know if he is a community cat, an abandonee or someone's roaming pet cat.

On a nicer note. Yesterday as I was in a cab nearing home, I saw 2 girls at my void deck, walking their cat on a leash. :) It was a large black and white cat. But they had attached the leash to the collar. Before I could talk to them about it, they had disappeared. I wanted to ask them if they wanted one of the amigos's harnesses so they can walk their cat in a much safer way - for the cat as well as for them as the cat looks very strong and could steak off at any minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment