Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Wild Bunch


I was glad to see that FB and Little Calico as well as Screaming Banshee and Calico Mom were all safe and sound when I fed them yesterday - the first day that I had fed them since I came back. Indeed they were not starving from lack of food as I had envisaged when I was away. They did not look starved at all so someone must have taken care of them for the 10 days that I was not here. This came as a relief as I know even if I could not make it on the other days to feed the kitties, some mysterious person would have.

The old aunty is still MIA as the shopkeeper had told me yesterday. I hope she is doing well at work. She did say she would feed the kitties in the afternoon before she goes to work so I guess she had kept her promise.

Fatboy ate quite alot of food - all 450 grammes of it. He was fit to bursting but I thought I should not stop him. he ate a full can of chicken and sardines and some pilchard. I know he likes sardines :)

Little calico looked none the worse for wear. She did not wait for me at the lift in the morning anymore, which is good. I am afraid someone might make fun of her as she waits. I think the 2 weeks that i was not there taught her a new behaviour. Little Calico likes canned food especially tuna but she loves Nutro kibble. I think it has to do with the shape of the kibble. I bought her some Science Diet but the kibble is small and a little round. The Nutro kibble is flat and oval- bigger so its easier to eat I guess. When I hear the crunch of the kibble, it sounds quite substantial.

Screaming Banshee streaked across from the carpark to the void deck when she saw me. It was pretty dangerous and I told her so. Of course she ignored my advice and asked loudly for the food. She eats very slowly and by the time I had finished feeding the calico Mom and sat with FatBoy at his void deck, she would still not have finished her food. One thing good though. She eats every little morsel and if she was still at it, I would give her more food as she is a skinny little thing. maybe if she was fatter, she would look nicer and people would like her more.

The Calico Mom came quickly when she heard my keys. She ate some mackeral and left. She is a small eater but at least she is fat. I think another feeder feeds her too but I have yet to meet this mysterious person.

All in all, yesterday was a good day for me and I would like to think for the kitties also. They are all safe and sound and eating well.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your wards are doing well and safe. For all youy know, they are probably eating 4 meals a day!!

    ReplyDelete