Monday, December 18, 2006

A decision


It is raining very hard outside so Toro is busy sleeping :) I went to feed the Wild Bunch and saw Casanova. He was waiting for me so I guess he must have been very hungry to do that. FB didn't follow me to feed Calico Mom as it was raining and he preferred the comfort of bicycles to being wet. He sat in between 2 bicycles as though seeking comfort. But he had 3/4 of a 400g can of Whole Fish so he should be all right for tonight.

Megat ate a whole can of rather watery Natural Balance. I tried to encourage the kitties to taste it but it was no go. Bujang gave it one lick and decided he didn't want to try a second one. I gave Megat a good wipe down which he took in good spirit. He was rather restless today but calmed down when grandma told him to.

I will make an appointment for Megat when I bring Ms Akira and Bujang for their vaccinations tomorrow. I will have some help tomorrow so can bring the 2 kitties together as Toro's appointment will be next August.

I hope to get an early appointment for Megat and will ask for the FIV testing. I have been thinking about it eversince Megat has been in our house and of course even before he came. If he does have FIV, I have to rethink my decision. Although I have grown to love Megat and grandma is getting fond of him, I have 3 other cats to consider and I don't think I want to put Megat in a cage all his life. It won't be fair to all the four of them. This of course will bring me to my original question of what to do with Megat. I suppose I am the only one who can make the decision and I'm sure all caregivers will have to make such decisions.

Of course the vet would advise me on what I should do if the worst case happens. Its no use me being anxious even before the tests. I just thought I should write down how I feel about it. So I would remember.

1 comment:

  1. FIV is not a death sentence. I know of one blogette, Chaos, she has many cats with such condition. You may want to ask her opinions?

    ReplyDelete