Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Great Megat Scare

No, I was only looking around...honest...

I am sooo tired...

You were saying?

Zzzz

"Grandma said that your black cat has gone." Imagine getting such an sms at work when you're waiting to discuss your annual appraisal with your boss! I called grandma and she said she had searched every nook and cranny and she could not find Megat anywhere. I told her since he was from a carpark, he might have gone into hiding but grandma merely repeated that she had tried to look everywhere in the house and she was afraid he might have escaped.

When I came home, I looked for him everywhere in the house. I could not find him and didn't hear any mewing when I called his name. All the other kitties came out to help me, in and out of rooms and under beds. I decided to look for him on every floor in my building and at every level in the carpark. Who knows? If he had indeed escaped, he might have gone back to his old haunt. I was shaking my keys right and left and only Little Calico answered my call so I had to give her some biscuits for her trouble.

I told grandma that I owuld look for him again and rang my keys. I finally looked under the cupboards eventhough grandma told me many times that she had done so. Then I saw it...

One little tell-tale crooked tail! I touched it. It moved! AHA!

So I pushed grandma's cupboard and there he was- right behind it and trying to get out. The poor thing was behind her cupboard all this time for 6 hours!

He looked none the worse for wear and followed me to the kitchen for brunch. He ate half a can of Natural balance and 2 handfuls of biscuits and drank water from the cat fountain. :) He had his first taste of water from the cat fountain yesterday morning after he saw Ms Akira at it. I guess you can teach an old cat a new trick :))

After brunch, I wiped the dust off him and he followed me to the living room where he continued grooming and then he had a nap. Right now, poor megat is in his black cage as grandma said its time he rested as all the kitties are sleeping also.

He gave us a right great scare did Megat. Hide and seek must be his favourite game.

2 comments:

  1. Your cat is a black beauty. she is soo sweet!

    give my love to kitty
    merry xmas
    bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa what stress! Imagine, telling your boss that you have to postpone the appraisal becoz your cat went missing! Just about as bad as telling my boss I would be late for work becoz Mera got into a fit after inhaling fumes.

    Well, I guess he was exploring and couldn't find his way out. The fact that he didn't excape sorta makes me feel that he wants to stay with you too.

    Once he becomes stronger, his fur will look very nice.

    ReplyDelete