Saturday, December 02, 2006

The morning after

I am Siamese if you please...

Yes, right down to my whiskers

THIS is the only Siamese cat I saw in the whole week I was in Chiang Rai! There was a total of 14 cats (give or take) that we counted - all a variation of tabby and tortoisehell. But there were many dogs and they get shaggier the higher we go. The all love their animals and they are all happy and sleeping in the sun.

Grandma told me Bujang spent his week wailing between bouts of playing with Toro and Akira. When I got hom, he came to sniff at me a little and then decided that he would not forgive me for going away and sat with his back towards me. Oh-oh! The other kitties were just sniffing all the strange smells in the luggage and on myself. :)

He refused to let me sleep on my own bed and bit me several times until I had to shoo him off the bed. He sulkd in the wash basin and I finally had some sleep. This morning, he refused to even look at me when I called his name several times. Aiyoh! this is serious.

So I decided to ignore him and got the other kitties out along the corridor to enjoy the cool morning. Bujang finally deigned to come to the door where I put him in his jacket and then he sauntered out to enjoy his Saturday. He forgave me a little later on and sat near me on the mat and also slept beside me on the couch. But he has not forgiven me totally I fear as he spent all of the rest of this Saturady cooped up in the bedroom. :)

On a more cheery note, he is slimmer. and all the kitties are well. :)



5 comments:

  1. Whah, so Grandma perservered huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Of cos the amigos are hungry nost times but she did it. Bujang is a little thinner but Toro is still a little 'full' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Bujang is the one most attached to you and so sentimental. :)

    Is Chiang Rai a nice place to go? (I've been to Chiang Mai).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya aunty-p and he does not even come to me for scritches or anything. He sits away from me although he can usually be found near me wherever I am.

    Chiang Rai is very nice especially during winter as it is cool in the morning and evening. The afternoon is hot though. But in April it is very very hot so don't go there during that time. Its a small town though. The boat ride across the Mekong is superduper and you can 'visit' the Laotian border town for 20 baht without your passport :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I've visited the Laos border before from Chiang Mai...if I remember correctly, the folks from Laos spoke French (surprise!). Hmm...Chiang Rai must be close by.

    ReplyDelete