Sunday, January 14, 2007

I went shopping...

Megat looking quite good from the back :)

Shopping at the ARC!

Megat's new diet for his renal problems.

for my cats! The vet assistant J called to tell me that Megat's special diet was finally here so on saturday I went to get it. I met two very friendly dogs there who were waiting for their annual vaccinations. They had no carriers and the two dogs were walking about being friendly. I decided to get the tubes of Revolution for the 4 amigos anyway for 2 more months as advised by Dr Su. I must remember to apply it on everyone on 19th Jan.

I was advised to mix the food with his NB so he won't get diarrhea and indeed he did not. he took to the biscuits quite happily although the doc had advised me to soften it a little since he has only a few of his teeth. I put the biscuits in some water but it took some time to get soft so I had to pound them into powder as grandma was afraid the blender would get destroyed if I put the hard biscuits in it :) The vet has another canned formula by another brand but it has pork in it so I guess we couldn't have that in the house for Megat :)

Megat does not have failed kidneys but as his creatine and BUN levels were abit on the high side, the vet advised me to feed him with this diet as prevention is better than cure and there is very little that can be done if he has kidney failure.

I met M and she told me that one of her cats have kidney failure and was in the vet's office so she could drain his fluids! She feeds her cat on 300 grammes of chicken plus asparagus and parsely with calcium and vitamins. She said she would give me the recipe when I next bring Megat to the vet which will be in 2 months for his chek-up.

The new diet is kind of funny yellow but he is eating it quite well.

1 comment: