Sunday, January 07, 2007

The new plan

I am innocent!

The new plan for Shaolin Megat would entail consistency, patience and persistence :)) and possibly quick reflexes. I would just have to go back to doing things right and not have Megat running throughout the house. So as advised by many cat lovers and experts, I should confine him for about a week or two without contact with any of the kitties, only with me. I should just make sure that when its time to eat, they would all be togther and eat side by side - Megat in the cage and the others out. When its time to play, I would get them to play near each other with Megat in the cage but still able to get the lure. His cage is in the living room where he can see all the goings -on in the house so he won't freak out when the time comes for me to release him.

Of course when he is with me in the room, the kitties would be free to enter the open cage to investigate. I do not think I will put any of the kitties in the cage so that Megat could inspect them as advised by some cat experts. What I will do therefore is to make sure they all get a dose of each other's scents so they would recognise each other better.

I don't know if this plan will work but as kxbc said - patience, consistency and persistence are the keys to cat success. Megat is a smart kitty and I'm sure (??) it will be better.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good plan. Hope it works. How about a water pistol to break up the fights, if it occurs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a water pistol once. It leaked water like anything :) but I may be able to get one of those containers that sprits out water for watering plants. Maybe I wont have to cage him for so many days as grandma is alreday asking me to take him out. "He's a good boy," she says :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think those water spray cans you can get at Daiso for $2....now Spencer would squint when we point the spray cans at her, or any of the aerosol cans..

    Your Grandma is sweet...but, CONSISTENCE, PATIENCE, PERSISTENCE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to advise Grandma not to let him out while you are away else your plans may go down the drain again.

    Water gun does not work for me anymore. Hehehe......And you need to buy a holster for it and carry it around the house like Clint Eastwood. Quick on the draw. Must practise in front of the mirror. Draw and shoot within 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the strains of The Good, The bad and The Ugly too kxbc :) Bujang however gets preety worried if I point a spray bottle at him as he knows what will happen, eventhough there is no water in it:) I will try that in the 2nd week when I let him out to mingle for short periods.

    ReplyDelete