Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Visit

Hello aunty...

I met the old-aunty last Friday. I was not expecting to see her but she came when I was feeding FatBoy. She was very anxious about being unemployed and told me about her dog Bobby who was also not very well. She then asked me about Megat. I had told her before but I guess she had forgotten. I told her thatMegat is staying with me and he has lost some teeth, has the beginnings of a cataract and he has to have a special diet. I didn't tell her about the FIV as I don't think she needs to be worried about something like that.

This evening she came to the house to talk about the Wild Bunch and the fact that some people from another area had not been too responsble in cleaning up after they feed the cats. I had to reassure her that none of the Wild Bunch would be caught by the AVA as I have Megat, the so-called 'nuisance cat' with me. She then asked me about Megat and I had to show him the new version. She was pleased to see him so beautiful. "Banyak cantik," she said. "Banyak gemok," also. She then petted him and he tried to squirm away as he was not used to her petting him so nicely. She used to just put his food for him and then leave as he was in the carpark and it was always dark when she had to feed him. She used to tell me that he was 'dirty' but I guess as she was old, she could not see that it was just oil and sores from lice. I am glad she was pleased with his new look and she left after seeing her previous charge in better surroundings :)

1 comment:

  1. Sigh, you can save one but you can't save them all. I guess Megat himself wouldn't have imagine he can spend the rest of his life as an indoor cat!

    ReplyDelete