Monday, February 05, 2007

Catnip mouse

What's with this cat?

Gotcha!!

Woah! Catnip overdose...

What just happened to me?

The much-mauled catnip mouse

I went to the pet store on Sunady to stock up on cat food for the CNY holidays. I have a fear that my cats would have no food as shops would close for two or three days and I have been running out of cat food. I got the usual fussiecat and Natural Balance canned food for the kitties. Nowadays, only Bujang still eats the NB. Toro is now refsuing to eat the NB. I don't know why and so I have resumed giving him his fussiecat. Only Megat is still going strong but he would only eat his softened biscuits with some NB.

I bought megat 3 catnip mice so that he would play by himself even when I am in the house. It was quite a success as he tore down the house running and throwing his mouse in the air and once he even carried it in his mouth. Unfortunatley after THAT one time, he has yet to repeat this mouse-in-mouth performance. I had ideas of teaching him to play 'fetch' :)) I was glad he enjoyed himself and he even ate some catnip which threw him into a daze :)

The other kitties looked at the mice with great disdain and ignored them and him. I guess they think they're too old for catnip mice. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see Megat enjoying himself.The mouse looks nice and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Megat is like a little kitten and he tears about the house at the slightest thing. Of cos now he is terrorizing the others. I think its because he sits near me or on me most times and so he thinks I will protect him or allow him to behave badly. Also none of the kitties will do anything to him when he sits so closely to me :)

    ReplyDelete