Saturday, February 03, 2007

CNY surprise

Look at my CNY collar!

Of course everyone has a new CNY collar. I thought I will put Megat and his new collar up before it frays. He has already bitten it and I saw one or two threads going awry. It would be better to put the collars on CNY day itself but as I was putting their tags yesterday I thought it would be just as easy to put their collars on yesterday itself. The collars are made of cloth and about 1/2 inch in width. They rather nice and quite comfortable.


Whah...CHY cookies!

Lets rip it up Toro! Hurry!

Hmm..smells like...

Pineapple tarts...err..rosettes...yum.

Phyllis came to deliver the CNY cookies. I ordered pineapple tarts cos they're my favourite and some kueh baulu for my mom. The tarts taste like chewy pineapple biscuits. They sweet and delicious. I ate several eventhough I have a nasty cough. Grandma ate some and she had all of the kueh baulu. She said we should get some more if Phyllis makes them for Hari Raya.

Phyllis told me she saw Little Calico downstairs and she seems like a nice cat. :) Then she spoke about her 2 calicos and Shadow. Bujang of course welcomed Phyllis at the door like a good host :). The other kitties made a quick disppearing act, only to re-appear at the smell of the cookies. Toro sniffed one very closely and I saw him lick it. I think he would have eaten it if I had allowed him to do so.

The cookies come in nice air-tight, recyclable plastic containers with chinese characters on them. They are very festive indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Megat looks very handsome. I think red and black go well together!

    Pineapple rosettes....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking festive already! I shall be getting my pineapple tarts soon....2 tubs...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete