Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cat Abuse

Little Calico in happier times...

On Monday the aunty told me that she found Little Calico sitting quietly in little tricycle in the void deck. But she was not eating nor moving well. So I went with her to look for Little Calico and indeed she looked very sick. We tried to put her in my carrier (I had released Putih earlier cos she was quite well and raring to go) but she sprang to life and scratched me. Aiyoh! She tried to run and we both tried to catch her again but to little success. She hid in the drain and refused to come out. I saw her limping quite badly before she disappeared.

The aunty was very worried and was afraid that the little kitty would die. :( But I told her that as long as she can eat a little, it would mean that she was not at her death-bed and it could be that she might just be limping. We suspected that the boy who tried to kidnap her might be the culprit and he might have hurt her as well as tried to pull her about!! So we decided to leave it for the night and she how she was the next day. I told the auntie that if she was worse, I would bring her to the vet the next day.

Tonight however, the aunty reported that Little Calico ate a lot of fish and she was walking about with a slight limp. She said she was very glad that the kitty came to dinner and she was trying to get the kitty to exercise her leg. We have decided to wait until tomorrow and hope that by then she would be well. If not we will have to catch her (!!) and send her to the vet, after which she will have to stay in Little Megat's cage for a bit. Megat's cage is becoming quite useful these days.

3 comments:

  1. Aiyah!!!! I hope Little Calico is alright If it is ok, just bring it to the vet anyway. Cats can hide their pain and injury very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope little calico is feeling better, since she came out to eat. Perhaps she doesn't trust humans much at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks aunty p and cat-aunty. she is much better and yesterday she actually came out to eat dinner with me and we spent some time playing. She she was able to twist, turn, stretch, roll about and manouver heself into the most complicated cat positions. I actually made a vet's appt for her this evening but as she seemed fine, I thought it best not to stress her out even more.

    ReplyDelete