Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday thoughts

Before and after part II...

Toro had to get used to his new haircut yesterday. When he came home from the groomers, he immediately re-groomed himself as though to right all the wrongs :) Megat was very curious about him and sniffed at him closely several times. Toro sat very quietly when he was sniffed at. I think its the smell of the shampoo. Megat has never smelled the shampoo on him and was trying to figure out if this was a new cat or the old one :) But they did not come to blows about it. I wonder if I can bring my own cat shampoo next time- something less strong. I wonder if the groomer would be insulted. :X

Toro was very good at the groomers. There was only 1 other dog there so it was not as hectic as before. He sat quietly when the groomer turned him about and lifted his legs so that she can shave his underside. It was quite a sight to see him sitting quietly. When I try to brush him at home, he would walk about and then sit to be brushed for a few minutes before he walks about again. It would take me about 20 minutes to make sure he is brushed out. I think its because it is an alien place and so he sits quietly since he doesn't know the place at all, unlike home.

Today, it is Bujang's turn at the vet for nail trimming. I am curious to see how that would turn out. I saw the assistant yesterday to ask for Megat's ARCferon. She reminded me that Bujang's appt was for 2 pm today. We then laughed as we were both quite nervous about it :) I hope the theory of strange places making quiet cats hold true.

Btw- Yesterday I saw all the 4 of the WildBunch (WB) at dinner- FatBoy, Minah, Cal and Putih. I wonder where Cal and Putih were the day before. I didn't see Big Casanova though. I hope he did not go hungry yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Based on Toro's expression, I don't think he approves of the hair stylist!!

    Yes, cats do become more timid in strange enviroments, unless they are very ill or very agitated.

    Or if they have been to the same vet for a few years....

    ReplyDelete