Monday, June 11, 2007

I don't believe this!

Huh! You didn't!!


Today I went to make 2 appointments for the amigos. One is at the groomer for Toro and one at the vet for Bujang. I thought that since the groomer (plus 3 other helpers) was not able to cut his nails, then I should get the vet to try. His nails have grown to become talons worthy of an eagle.
The vet technician was rather worried when I told her that I wanted to bring Bujang for nail trimming. SHe then asked the vet and the vet said that they could try to trim his nails for him. However, if they could not, then I would have to abort it. :) I told her that if he still resists it, then of course there is no other way and I would bring him home. I don't think I would get him sedated just to trim his nails. Worse case scenario, I would have to brave it myself and cut one nail a day. Wait till he is asleep in the basket of the cat gym and do it. Cut and Run!
I have no trouble cutting the nails of the other 3. Some cats just do not like people to touch their paws I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    So Bujang has quite a notorious reputation, eh?

    Coco also don't allow me to "openly" cut her nails, so I've to do it quickly when she's in a sleepy/drowsy state. What I'll do is everytime I pat / sayang her, I'll stroke her paws a few times, and repeat consistently until she gets used to me holding her paws. Then when she's sleeping, sayang her until she starts purring, then take out the nail clippers and quickly clip, clip...2 or 3 nails at a time! It's easy for Snowy, just put her in my lap, grab her paws and clip! She'll try to escape but she's easy to control. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah Bujang, your name strikes terror in the groomers' and vets' hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with CC too. No one can touch his hind paws else he will kick and growl.

    But we cut his nails last Sat. Mrs kxbc scruff him by the neck till he became limp like a kitten while I cut and clean whatever dirt which has accumulated in his claws. He is a dirty little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Big Ears dont even allow me to touch her paws. In the end we have to towel wrap her and one give her treats the other snip ASAP.

    ReplyDelete