Sunday, July 22, 2007

Drama on Saturday

Minah eating kibble...

This Saturday I was supposed to go for a facial but I saw some kids with a seemingly sick puppy at the petstore at PL. It seems they had fed the puppy but she was still not looking well. They put the puppy on a table and it looked lethargic so I asked them if they needed help. At first they were very suspicious of me. One of them said "We don't know you". I thought that was very wise but I said if they needed help then the petstore people know me and the groomer knows me and the vet knows me too ;) It was a good thing that another kid walked in and he recognised me and so I managed to help them.
Since we had to wait for the vet to open, we had some breakfast so they could calm down and then of course the puppy threw up. After we cleaned him, we got him to the vet. The vet at ARC was very kind and charged us fees for a stray as the kids did not have money to pay for anything. The vet then gave the kids some starter puppy food as the kids had been feeding the puppy with adult dog food! It seemed the petstore people also sold the kids some adult dog food!I guess this was because the 1 month old puppy was very big for its age and so they might have given the kids the wrong food too. The vet gave the puppy a check-up and told them that the puppy was healthy and only had a very slight runny nose. We got some correct puppy food and then we got some food ourselves :)
We had some pasta for lunch at Eighteen Cafe. It seemed the chef worked with Jamie Oliver!Wah. They have a student/nurse meal at 5.90 complete with ice-cream and ice lemon tea. The kids all had the pasta and they all enjoyed the chocolate ice-cream. I then put them in a cab and told them not to worry about anything.
So in the end I didn't get a facial but it seems now I am the godmother for a puppy called Macky :) I should have taken a pic but of cos my hp battery was running low and having the kids call me to tell me that they are safely home seemed a better option than using up the batteries on picture taking.
She is a very cute puppy nevertheless but the vet said she would grow up to be rather big! I hope the kids are prepared for this and the neighbours would be forgiving too :)

2 comments:

  1. Woah San, you are an angel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I think I can have a new profession :) Its just that they were so anxious and tried so hard to get the puppy to be better. And with animals, you have to be very fast or else something worse may happen :))

    ReplyDelete