Sunday, July 15, 2007

Feliway Diffuser

Plugged In

Instructions say - 1 month to see effectiveness


The secret to happy cats is Feliway - a cat pheromone. I use Feliway when the kitties are in stressful situtaions like when they have to visit the vet or when they have to be in a strange place - like a new cage or a new house. I read about the diffuser from Fanny S's columns. She recommends it when cats are not behaving. I think Ms Akira is very jealous of Megat and that is why she has been slapping him around, so much so that he hides in the bedroom, refusing to come out. When he does this, Ms Akira cannot get onto the bed nor under the covers which is what she loves to do. In this case, nobody wins and everybody is stressed.
So I bought the diffuser last Saturday to see if it would help the kitties to settle their business with less fighting. I also think Toro should try to behave himself better instead of jumping at everyone and scaring everybody, including himself. I will see if it works. If Toro leaves the other kitties alone for a longer stretch and Ms Akira does not snarl nor slap Megat everyday, I would consider that a success.
I do not think they would love nor cuddle each other, not for a long time yet. But they could give each other some space I think.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I saw this in the shop.

    I had a Feliway spray, but it didn't seem to help much...maybe it takes time lah

    ReplyDelete