Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reflection

Ms Akira pre-Megat

Megat now...
Megat before


The death of KK has made me more reflective I guess of my role as someone who has cats. I was thinking about Megat this morning. He refused to come out into the living room for his morning treat, preferring to stay in the safety of the bedroom. The reason was Ms Akira was prowling outside and she took a peek into the bedroom and saw him. I saw her swishing her tail quickly from side to side - a sure sign that she would gladly pounce on him if she could.


Ms Akira's reaction to Megat is surprising to me. I know she is a female worth her salt and she doesn't suffer fools gladly but she is really going out of her way to bully Megat. I could only surmise that she hates him truly as he used to bully her or she turns on him as he is the only one she feels she could bully as Toro sometimes tries to bully her also. She does beat Toro and swats his nose every time she finds a chance but as he is bigger than she is, she does not do this often. Toro, bless his clever self, sometimes gives way to the Little Ms so she is not so angry at him.
The Feliway is working well for the boys but not for Ms Akira. This morning I saw Bujang sitting on the bed (if only for a few minutes) when Megat was on it - a little way away but at least they were occupying the same space. I saw Bujang sitting very straight and looking down at Megat before he walked deliberately and sat down one feet away, on all fours - quite relaxed. Megat was quite relaxed too. Toro and Bujang are not after each other for long the last 2 nights. They do it once or twice and then both would settle down.
I wonder what I could do for Ms Akira's stormy relationship with Megat.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Akira has always been insecure and sensitive, so I think she is taking Megat particularly hard. Hopefully it will work out with time.

    And.

    Why is Megat sleeping with a pink scrunchie????

    ReplyDelete
  2. that scrunchie belongs to me :) I had put it on the cushion as I was laying on it. Megat of cos respects nothing :) He just sat on the cushion and slept on the scrunchie:)

    ReplyDelete