Sunday, July 15, 2007

Why do you feed the stray cats?

Minah having a 2nd dinner...

As I was feeding Putih, a little girl came to ask me why I was feeding a stray cat. I told her its because she had no one to take care of her. She could not understand even so why I would do such a thing. She told me that the stray cat is dirty as they lick themselves and so their saliva would be dirty too.

I told her that cats are one of the cleanest animals on earth and they have special pads on their tongue that allows them to clean themselves as that was what nature intended them to do. We then spoke about spayed cats and why I had to spay Putih. I told her that if no one helps the cat, then she might die and that would not be a good thing at all.

At last she nodded and told me that her auntie told her not to touch the cats as they are dirty. I told her her aunty may be right but Putih as she can see for herself is very clean. But I told her she should not touch strange cats or dogs or any other animal if she does not know them as they might get frightened and then they might bite her because they are frightened, not because they were naughty or anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment