Sunday, August 05, 2007

The cat Tanaka

Yup. This is the entry that got lost but I have to rewrite as if I want it to appear in this space. We are getting another cat into the amigo house from M, my friend who had also rescued Toro. The persian kitten is from her own 2 persian cats, one of which is Chester. I remembered telling M a long time ago that I wished I had such a pretty exotic cat (although I dearly love all my cats). I remembered watching a Malay couple who had a very beautiful bronze-marbled persian cat and they were going to get a British Shorthair. M and I then decided that we would not buy kittens from the petshop as there are many kittens and cats waiting to be adopted.
My very wise sister emailed me to say that this may not be a good decision as cats need a lot of space and I already have four :) She may be right of course and cats do need alot of space. I have told M that I would adopt the kitty and try to get her/him used to living with us - rather cramped I guess. If the kitty is not happy, then I will have to give her/him up to M again.
But all this is premature as the kitty is not born yet even and it will be 3 months before anything happens. Sally (another one of M's friend who is going to adopt the kittens) says she wants to have Chester's kittens and if anything happens to the kittens, I would want her to have them as her cat Ocean has been very sick with renal failure.
Maybe I am very selfish to want the persian kitten just because it would be pretty and I have been wanting one for such along time. But persian cats are not very active either so that is something I could comfort myself with.
Maybe I would just throw out my furniture to make space :)) I wonder if that will be enough :)

2 comments:

  1. You are very brave to take on another kitty. And a kitten too.

    I think Toro will ease the kitten along. But Miss Akira will take some time to accept it loh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:22 PM

    I am not surprised that you will have no. 5. :)

    ReplyDelete