Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The time has come...

Cik Mina's kittens from her second litter...





...to get the mom and kitties sterilized. The cats are still snarling at me but at least they will come when I call them to give them kibble. They snarl and eat and then snarl again for good measure as though to tell me thay will not be indebted in any way! I finally called V to help me catch them. V has been helping to catch the eastcoast kitties for neutering.
V was very helpful and I can see that he has the cat's welfare at heart. He quizzed me on my motives and also asked me where I would place the cats once sterilized. I told him that I had spoken to my boss and she said I could put them all back where I found them. I had to tell her about TNRM and the vacuum effect. I had also spoken to the VP of the next school that would be occupying our space (the vacuum effect taking shape here:) ). He agreed not to send the cats to the AVA once I told him I would neuter Cik Mina and her brood before we have to leave the premises.
I told V that it would be good to catch the cats as soon as posisble and then I would have to house them in a shelter. He was very kind and suggested a shelter that was not so expensive as I would have to house them for several days. He also recommended me other clinics that would give a subsidized rate for strays. It made very good sense as I can use the money that I would have to spend on them to neuter more community cats. :)
This is a job in progress and I will update the news as soon as we have concretized our plans. I wonder how V is going to trap 5 wild cats :))

No comments:

Post a Comment