Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wild Bunch

Minah at dinner...

I was glad that all the wildbunch were in attendance tonight as it was still raining when I went to feed them. Minah didn's eat very much as she was distracted by a little lizard that darted past us. Fatboy ate 3/4 of his fissuecat sardines, Cal ate her fair share of fussiecat and so did Putih. But they were not all that energetic as it was cold and rather dreary.

I met the old auntie who used to feed them when I was coming back from my last stop. She was surprised that my cousin was not feeding the kitties but I told her that since I got home early, I fed them instead.

I then asked her why she was there so early. She told me she had not been working for some time!!! HUH! But she hastily said that she had been feeding the kitties everyday too and changing the water. I had seen the water for Minah since last week. I then asked her to help me feed the kitties but she said she was busy looking for work.

I thought if I do not persevere and get her to be responsible for some part of the feeding routine, she may feel that she has no more responsibility for the wildbunch. I told her that I needed her to help me feed them and asked her to feed them early during the weekends. I told her she could still find a job during the weekdays as I would continue to feed them then. She was not keen but I told her that just like her, I have a job to do and I needed some rest time. I just wanted her to take some responsibility as I suspect that she does not feel it was her duty to feed them regularly anymore. I know this as she didn't tell me she was not working anymore. The last time I saw her, she told me she was still working. AIYOH!

Finally, she agreed that she has a part to play in feeding the wildbunch. I repeated her duty days several times and told her to help keep an eye on the 2 naughty kids from the primary school who would usually not clean up the mess after they have fed Putih. I reiterated that if the TC has complaints, Putih's life would be in jeopardy. She promised that she would help.

It was a good thing that I met her tonight. Must be a gift of Ramadhan :)


1 comment:

  1. Minah so timid, scared of a little lizard?

    ReplyDelete