Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The saga of Agent 007

A good agent will blend into the background...

My plans to catch Agent 007 was foiled again by one of the cleaners in the school. I was able to attract Agent 007 with 'Angel treats' and when she was coming towards me for more, she suddenly bolted in an entirely different direction. I followed her and found her busily eating curried rice with pieces of meat in it! AIEEE!! Then I saw one of the cleaners nearby and asked him if indeed he gave the kitty the rice to eat.

At first he was hesitant to tell me but after some prompting, he told me that he felt pity for the kitty. He told me that he feels pity for all of god's creatures. Although this was a good thing and I know he would not hurt any of the cats, I told him that it would be even more pitiful if Agent 007 gets pregnant and gives birth to many kittens. Who is going to pity her then and what good would pity be to a mother with 4 kittens that no one may want to adopt? When he heard my questions, he was silent for a while. I felt quite bad having to tell him that but if it was not for the kind cleaner who had now taken in 4 of Minah's new kittens, they would still be running about here with hardly anyone taking care of their safety.

I then told him that for this whole week, he should not feed the kitten and I would feed her myself. I want to catch her this week as it would be nice to have the whole family reunited as one, not separately. the other cleaners promised to advise the old man of the more 'kind' action. I told him that once the whole family is back, he could feed them ...although not with curried rice.

2 comments:

  1. After a week, I think you can use the curried rice with meat as "bait"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart is in the right place, but surely curried rice is not suitable cat food.

    ReplyDelete